Purpose of the role - To extend the reach of Healthwatch Darlington through outreach activities. Assisting the volunteer & outreach coordinator at Access Points and events in the community. Communicating with a wide range of local people discussing health & social care services and provide information/signposting. Promote Healthwatch Darlington and raise awareness of how we can help local people through ensuring they have a voice when it comes to their services.
- Assist the volunteer & outreach coordinator at Access Points and events.
- Communicate with local people discussing health & social care
- Promoting and raising awareness of Healthwatch Darlington.
Purpose of role - Local Children and Young People can volunteer as Health Connectors who extend the reach of the Healthwatch Darlington team and support CYP to connect with the health and social care services they need.
- Help with CYP event planning if this arises.
- Assist with outreach activites in the community (for example college fresher fayres)
- Developing online questionnaires/surveys.
- Be involved with awareness raising of Youthwatch through social media. Facebook, Twitter, Website.
- Help create short videos.
Social Media Volunteer
Purpose of role - Engage with local people via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Hootsuite. Provide assistance in updating social media platforms with interactive and interesting posts to increase followers and maintain existing followers. Promote Healthwatch Darlington and activities through social media to extend the reach of Healthwatch into the community.
- To observe the Volunteers Code of Conduct
- Undertake a range of media and marketing tasks, including the use of social media under the direction of the Healthwatch team.
- To contribute to the development of the Healthwatch marketing strategy.