Darlington Drugs and Alcohol Consultation
Sent on behalf of Darlington Borough Council..............
Darlington Borough Council has a responsibility to provide prevention, treatment and support services for residents who are at risk of misusing drugs and alcohol or who already have addiction issues. The services are not provided directly by the Council, but they have a contract with other organisations to deliver them. The Council is currently reviewing services and wants to make sure that future services continue to meet the needs of the residents of Darlington.
There is a survey to ask for the views of residents and this can be found by following this link: -
There is also a special survey to get the views of young people and this can be found at:
The surveys are open until 15th August 2019 and you do not need to leave your name or any contact details. Please share the survey link with friends and family who live in Darlington so that we can make sure the service is as good as possible. The consultation also includes workshops and discussions with a wide range of organisations and groups. For further details or to ask for more details please contact public health.
If you are a member of an organisation or group that would like to take part in a focus group please contact public health on:
Telephone: 01325 406201
Key areas for Discussion are:
· Do you know where to go to get information and help for drugs and alcohol?
· How can we provide clear information in the right way for you, your family or friends?
· Where would you like to go to get help? Would a town centre venue be better? Would you like to get help in your local community?
· Sometimes there are cultural issues or other barriers that prevent people getting help when it is needed? How can we make sure that everyone that needs help can access the service? Are there specific issues that stop you getting help now?
· If you or someone you know have used the service what worked well? What could have been better?
· Are you involved in a service or organisation that works with people who have drug and alcohol misuse issues or are at risk of doing so? If so, what works well now and how can we make it even better? How can your organisation help with future work?
Thank you for your help and please complete the survey to let us have your views so we can make sure the services are a good as possible with the resources we have.