Proposals for new Clinical Commissioning Groups in Tees Valley and Durham CCG’s - share your views!
If you use NHS services, you may be aware of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
Currently, there are five CCGs in our area:
- NHS Darlington CCG
- NHS Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield CCG
- NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees CCG
- NHS North Durham CCG
- NHS South Tees CCG
Between them, they commission services for over 1.2 million local people.
CCGs have been asked to reduce their running costs by 20% by 31 March 2020. Continuing to operate as five separate CCGs may not be possible, due to reductions in staff. Therefore, a proposal has been made to merge the five existing CCGs into two, one would cover Durham and the other, Tees Valley.
Four of the proposed options include;
1. A single CCG across Integrated Care System I.e. Cumbria and North East
2. A single CCG across the 5 CCGs currently working together in collaboration I.e. NHS Darlington CCG, NHS Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield CCG, NHS Hartlepool and Stockton- On- Tees CCG, NHS North Durham CCG, NHS South Tees CCG
3. A single CCG across each Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) I.e. the Southern ICP and the central ICP
4. A single Tees Valley CCG and a single Durham CCG with a continued shared management structure (which is the preferred option)
The five current CCGs already operate under a shared management structure, and many existing teams already work across Durham and the Tees Valley, so the merge would not affect frontline services.
It's important that everyone has the chance to share their views and the CCGs are keen to hear from you!
To take part in the survey please go to https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/V5XMG6N
Additional information can be found attached below which includes the survey, this survey can be completed and returned to us via email at email@example.com or by post to Healthwatch Darlington Limited, Jubilee House,1 Chancery Lane Darlington, DL1 5QP.
Alternatively if you require a printed copy of the survey please call the team on 01325 380145.