Colonoscopy appointments can suffer from a non-attendance problem and there is misunderstanding and fear of the procedure.
We’ve set out to understand patient barriers to attending a colonoscopy and aim to tackle them with a communications campaign adopting an authentic and human tone of voice to create engagement around an often difficult subject. The campaign launches today and is ongoing.
The campaign includes factsheets, a leaflet, posters, a campaign film, films from people talking about their experience of having a colonoscopy, an animation and a range of social graphics. Several of the assets are available in English, Welsh, Urdu, Bengali, Arabic and Mandarin. All of the campaign assets are on our website: bowelcanceruk.org.uk/colonoscopyconfidence and available to download from Google Drive.
There are a number of ways you can show your support. We’ve put together a toolkit, see attached, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use your social media accounts. There are suggested posts in the attached toolkit
- Use our content. We have a range of assets you can use
- Add information to your website, blog, newsletters, bulletins and intranet. The toolkit includes suggested copy
- Use our leaflets and posters to hold an information stall, have a display or put up our information on your noticeboards and in patient areas
- Share details of the campaign with patients, colleagues and other organisations
We hope you will join us and help spread the word about the importance of attending a colonoscopy appointment.