Employer: Darlington Borough Council
Location: Town Hall, Darlington. DL1 5QT
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: From £4.30 per hour
Duties: This opportunity will support you with learning the fundamentals of the HR service and encourage you to get involved in lots of upcoming projects as well as the day to day running of the busy service. You will develop your communication skills whilst liaising with colleagues, managers and wider employees on a wide range of HR issues. This apprenticeship is a great insight into developing your career and gaining a wide variety of transferable skills.
• To provide front line support to managers and employees as part of a HR team.
• To undertake a range of business support tasks such as managing your own emails, filing, copying, scanning, faxing, archiving, post
• To help develop and maintain efficient administrative systems and processes which support the delivery of HR
• To input, update and audit records both manually and electronically on multiple systems, including dedicated HR Systems, extracting basic information within set parameters and producing required reports.
• Undertake tasks as required which may be of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Copy typing from notes, including completing standardised templates.
• To provide HR support via by telephone, email and face to face and ensure that queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
• To carry out routine invoicing and create purchase orders.
• Take notes at meetings as required.
Training: Training will take place periodically at our training centre in Darlington (DL1 5AJ) and/or remotely as required, to work towards the theory elements of the framework. The other days will be spent working with your employer gaining the skills and knowledge required to complete your Apprenticeship. Qualifications you will work towards are:
• L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
• Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (as required)
Progression: Possible progression into full time employment for the right candidate.
Closing Date: Friday 21st November 2021
Apply: To apply visit https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/HR_Apprentice/215950
For more information please contact a Learning & Skills Adviser on 07932 869325 or L&S@darlington.gov.uk